DD-214 Available On Line

May 25, 2010

We recently received the following input from Andy Holcombe advising that the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) can provide more than just DD-214s.
Thanks Andy!

I wanted to let you know about the site to retrieve military records if you don’t already know.  A number years ago I contacted the Air Force about getting some of my records and was told that they were lost in a fire at the St. Louis warehouse but that turns out not to be true as you can see by the attachment I’ve enclosed.

This information may be helpful to other Vets…

Anderson M. Holcombe

Click on image(s) to enlarge.
AF Records (courtesy of Andy Holcombe) AF Records (courtesy of Andy Holcombe) AF Records (courtesy of Andy Holcombe)

February 2, 2010

Received the following information from Marty Martin.  Thanks, Marty!

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s online:  http://vetrecs.archives.gov/

This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. Other individuals with a need for documents must stillcomplete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site.

Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records centers mailroom and processing time.